Sports and Orthopedic Injuries
What we can do for you:
Wasatch Physical Therapy’s evidence-based rehabilitation programs are focused on decreasing muscle and joint pain, improving your mobility, creating stability for functional activities and providing you with education on a home maintenance program to ensure you a quick and safe return to your job, recreation, sports and daily living.
Our team of rehabilitation specialists will tailor your program based on your specific condition and provide an educational component designed to increase your knowledge of the diagnosis, prognosis and the cause of the injury and pain.
Communication is always provided between our clinicians, your referring physician and you to ensure all parties are involved in goal setting and decision making.
Our goal through rehabilitation is to get you back out to your favorite activities including: skiing, mountain and road biking, skating, running / jogging, tennis, golf, pickleball, yoga and Pilates and any other activity you may enjoy.
TREATMENT FOR Sports and orthopedic Injuries:
After a comprehensive evaluation, your rehabilitation program may include a combination of the following:
- Therapeutic modalities for pain management (ultrasound, electrical stimulation, dry needling, heat, ice, iontophoresis, light therapy, cupping therapy, kinesio taping)
- Manual therapy (hands on techniques to restore mobility and reduce spasm in the involved areas)
- Exercise programs to improve range of motion, increase muscle strength, improve flexibility and mobility, increase endurance and cardiovascular performance and sports specific training when necessary.
- Gait and movement retraining
- Help with obtaining assistive devices that promote independence
- Patient and family education
For more information on myofascial decompression therapy or “cupping” click here. We’ve been using this technique for various musculoskeletal injuries since 2012 but you may have noticed it in the 2016 Summer Olympics!
Call us today if you are suffering from the following injuries and let our team of experts help you on your road to recovery.
Below are some helpful links regarding sports injuries and injury prevention:
What are muscle knots and how do I get rid of them?
Prevent skiing related knee injuries
The best kept secret: Why people have to squat differently
Florida Hospital Story